- Published: Monday, 05 August 2013 08:33
C-Vent Information on Commercial Ventilation and HVAC Ductwork Installation and Services
Please Note: These are generalised guidelines and all inquiries should be made via telephone or email to ensure they are tailored to your specific needs
C-Vent have been helping clients for many years in all areas of ducting, so call us for a personal quote
Commercial Ductwork Design- Tips
The air ducts of any building require sufficient ventilation, heating & cooling of the indoor atmosphere. While renovating any building or in course of the construction of a new one, there are numerous significant factors that have to be considered.
Various types of Air Ducts:
Any new commercial AC installation starts with Commercial Ductwork. There are 2 major types of air ducts manufactured for using commercially, round & rectangular. While deciding between round and rectangular ducts, these tips may be considered:
- Installation of Round air ducts can be comparatively cheaper.
- Round ductworks are offered in longer pieces that signifies fewer cuts & seams.
- Round ductwork is additionally competent for larger areas.
- Rectangular ductwork may fit in better way into little spaces.
- Round ductwork provides a superior indoor air quality level.
Commercial Ductwork -Configuration
Air duct configuration is a significant issue for owners of the business. The commercial ductwork configuration plays a vital role in energy efficiency of the building. Incompetent ductwork results in to poor quality of indoor air & a lack of ventilation, heating & conditioning of air in the building. At the time of designing any new commercial ductwork, one must go for an HVAC business having the ability of designing & fabricating tailored air ducts for every building’s exclusive needs.
Designing of Commercial HVAC System - New Buildings
The perfect time for considering the designing of any new commercial HVAC-System is at the time of designing the building itself. By this, HVAC technicians may work along with architects for the production of the most energy competent & cost efficient design possible. As the renovation of the building is going on, HVAC designers may use computer software & digitized blueprints for creating the most competent system that may be possible.
Installation of Commercial HVAC System
For ensuring indoor comfort for any commercial building, it is significant to get commercial ductwork designed in an appropriate manner. In the case that the commercial HVAC-System is installed in right way then, it should be capable of handling recurrent comings & goings of staff along with customers and plant requirements. Moreover, it must ensure proper management of temperature & humidity extremes in large spaces. An exact & professional installation is required for the maintenance of indoor comfort in the commercial building. An qualified commercial HVAC installation group would ensure that all the thing are initially put in appropriate manner so as to avoid the issues subsequent to the completion of installation.
Maintenance Tips for Air Conditioning & HVAC systems
Proper care for your commercial HVAC system is foolhardy to be missed and/or ignored !
Same as a car requires regular maintenance, air conditioning and HVAC systems also need regular maintenance for keep them running as competently as possible.
Bottom Line- Maintenance of HVAC systems save money
Appropriate maintenance of heating, ventilation & air conditioning system would help in reduction of electrical consumption & consequently lower one’s electricity bills. It may assist in increasing the life span of one’s equipment, therefore avoiding the requirement for costly repairs.
What few things that one may do for getting the most from HVAC systems?
Changing the filters regularly is a significant part of one’s indoor environmental quality & condition of HVAC equipment. Filter changes are initial & extremely significant component of air conditioning & heating system maintenance. Changes of Filter must be done at the timescales set out by the service provider and based on the type of filter. The change in the filters of one’s ac equipment is an easy task with numerous advantages. The filters which are clean promote hygienic air, reducing various allergens in the office & permit for appropriate refrigeration procedure & pressures.
Further items to include to one’s maintenance list so as to get the most value out of one’s air conditioning equipment comprise of the following:
- Condensation treatment must be done for ensuring suitable drainage & for reducing the threat of water-damage to building.
- Tightening belts are vital for ensuring right air volume that has an impact on refrigeration procedure & cooling capacity. In case a belt breaks, one’s system would freeze up, resulting in probable water damage & failure of compressor. In case this happens, the capacity for producing conditioned air is vanished.
- Coil Cleaning is also very important. Coils must be cleaned annually and one may reduce the consumption of electricity, boost the overall effectiveness of unit while keeping the air cleaner and increasing the lifetime of the HVAC systems thereby reducing repair costs.
- One must ensure appropriate refrigerant levels. Examining refrigerant levels & pressures helps in right dehumidification that removes the moisture, resulting in a comfortable, cool & dry space.
- One must be checking electrical connections or motors and application of oil & lubricate bearings are necessary for reducing friction or overheating. Reduction in friction & heat would help in decreasing energy consumption & lowering one’s utility costs.